Receding Gum Treatment
Receding gums happen when the margin of the gum tissue starts to wear away or pull back from the teeth. When a patient has receding gums, pockets form around the teeth. These pockets collect food and bacteria and create an environment where plaque and tartar can build up.
Gum recession can lead to sensitivity in the teeth, tooth decay, and tooth loss. If your gums are receding, it is essential to see a dentist as soon as possible. There are treatments available to stop the recession and repair the gums and thereby preventing further damage.
Contact Soundview Family Dental today! We can help.
Why choose us
for receding gum treatment in Edmonds
Have you noticed that your teeth have become more sensitive, or that one tooth is longer than the others? These are common symptoms of receding gums. Dr. Kitts has years of experience with gum disease and gum recession treatments. We understand that many of the situations surrounding gum disease or recession can seem frightening. We will walk you through the treatment process, and answer any questions you may have regarding services.
Our goal is always to give our patients the best care possible, whether you are visiting for cleaning, or whether you need more extensive treatments. Your treatments are tailored to your specific needs, no one else’s, and we will make every effort to give you the best results possible using the latest techniques in general dentistry.
Let us care for your smile!
Schedule an appointment with us today
treating receding gums
Fortunately, there are several treatment options available that can stop further gum recession and even restore your gums to their former healthy state. Here are some of the benefits of receding gum treatment:
Improved Oral Health
Prevention of Tooth Loss
Delaying treatment can be costly
You may have noticed that your teeth are more sensitive when eating and drinking. Or you may have found that your teeth don’t look the way they used to, or wondered why your gum line is pulling away from your teeth. These are all signals to come in and visit the dentist for treatment for gum recession. When you put off visiting the dentist for treatment, the recession will only get worse. Eventually, the tooth root will be exposed, leaving it wide open for bacteria. This will cause the tooth to decay and eventually die. The only solution once the tooth dies is removal; however, sometimes, the tooth can come out on its own. But these situations can be prevented with simple treatment solutions from Soundview Family Dental, including scaling and root planing.
Peace of mind your smile is at its best
Gum disease can cause many problems. It is the leading contributor to gum recession too. If you’ve noticed that when brushing or flossing, your gums are bleeding, visiting the dentist can resolve this, and prevent a recession from occurring.
If you care for your teeth and have cleanings regularly, often many of these issues can be prevented. With our gum recession treatment, we can get your teeth and gums back to their original, healthy condition, which we will help you maintain and keep healthy for the rest of your life.
Are receding gum treatments right for you?
Our office provides personalized and effective receding gum treatment to help you restore your gum health and prevent further damage. Dr. Kitts, our experienced dentist, and our team use the latest technology and techniques, including gum grafting and laser gum therapy, to treat receding gums and promote gum regeneration. We will carefully evaluate your gum health and recommend the best course of action to meet your unique needs. Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is dedicated to providing you with a comfortable and stress-free experience.
Prevent tooth decay or tooth loss with gum recession treatment at our Edmonds dental office. We offer advanced procedures that can effectively restore gum tissue, eliminate bacteria, and help you to have the healthy smile you deserve. If you would like to schedule your appointment for gum recession treatments. You may call us or request your appointment online, anytime.
What causes receding gums?
- Periodontal (gum) disease: Inflammation and infection of the gums can lead to gum recession and bone loss.
- Aggressive tooth brushing: Brushing too hard or using a hard-bristled toothbrush can cause gums to recede.
- Genetics: Some people may be more prone to gum recession due to inherited factors.
- Hormonal changes: Fluctuating hormone levels, particularly in women, can affect gum health and make them more susceptible to recession.
- Poor dental hygiene: Insufficient brushing and flossing can lead to plaque buildup and gum recession.
- Tobacco use: Smoking or using smokeless tobacco products can cause gum irritation and recession.
Can receding gums grow back?
What are the treatments for receding gums?
- Scaling and root planing: This deep cleaning procedure removes plaque and tartar buildup and smooths the tooth roots, helping to prevent further gum recession and promote gum reattachment.
- Gum graft surgery: In more severe cases, a gum graft may be needed to restore lost gum tissue and protect exposed tooth roots.
- Pinhole surgical technique: A minimally invasive procedure that involves repositioning the gum tissue without the need for grafts or sutures.
- Improved oral hygiene: Practicing good dental care, including proper brushing and flossing techniques, can help prevent further gum recession and promote overall gum health.